Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First "Real" Day of Kindergarten





well, my heart has officially broke! my baby, tyler, has gone to kindergarten, and i am a weeping mess. i have been crying since i dropped him off. he only goes for three hours, but it's the milestone that makes me sad. we will never have our lazy days again! he is gone from me forever! letting go and helping my kids become more independent is one of the hardest things for me as a mother. i want my kids to stay little forever! we have so much fun with them and love to hang out with them. the hardest thing for me was when i tried to kiss him goodbye, he acted embarrassed...isn't that a little early? if only he knew he was breaking my heart.

my house is so quiet. it's just me and the dog. i never thought this day would come, and now i don;t feel i'm ready for it. lord give me the strength.

i need to go have a good quiet time and lift his and chloe's little lives up to the lord. thank you lord for giving me the opportunity to mold these two little lives! help me to be the best mom and godly example i can be.

sorry for the sappiness. just being very "real"! :)

4 comments:

The Toney Family said...

I cannot even imagine... I got sad tonight thinking about how isaiah is almost one! I have been so antsy for him to get to the next stage and then the next stage, but now he is growing up too fast! I don't even want to think about kindergarten :)

Thanks for your openness- it is sweet and refreshing.

Shan said...

I love your realness!!! I felt the same way when Andrew went and when Mandy went - I don't know why I threw a party when the twins went to school EVERYDAY???????

Wait until your first one graduates - talk about sleepless nights!!!

Cathi Hamen said...

i echo court.. as babies we cant wait for the next thing to come along.... becuz the stages seem to go by slower and they aren't really companions yet but as they are headed to school we miss their company and perspective! remember with their freedom comes more adventures to share!!! & you are a FABULOUS example of a Christian mom and wife!! enjoy your 3 hours each day!!!!!! (use it to blog more!:) heehee)

Denise said...

what a sweet mommy heart you have kim!

you are braver than me, i am selfish and keep them with me.

i think that our kids just become the music of our home. they are the beat that keeps things moving- dancing. i know when mine are gone (like 2 weeks at YSSC this summer!!!) it was is so quiet, i do not know what to do with myself.

you are so good to rely on God to sustain, and to make you the mother He desire you to be in their growing.

how are you doing, now a few weeks into school?